This is a list of questions that have come from real customers, and our responses. Over time we hope all pearl related questions will be answered here.
Return to Home Page of this blog.

Sunday, June 15, 2008

Abalone Pearls

abalone pearl
Q: I'm considering presenting an Abalone Pearl to my partner as an engagement piece ( a special request ). For the past few months, I have been researching these extremely rare pearls and I find myself curious as to where exactly your company sources these pearls from. I understand any reluctance to reveal too many details, however, being somewhat familiar with the aquaculture industry, I was hoping fro some general information about your collection.

A: We are able to tell you that the abalone pearl selection we have at the moment is mostly from the green or pink abalone from southern California and Mexico. There are also some from the red abalone in northern California. Our current selection will be increased in the next week or so. We have just received a new lot of abalone pearls which will be photographed, cataloged and listed on the site which usually takes a week or two to complete.

It's certainly an interesting choice for an engagement piece! We have had a marked increase in interest for pearl engagement rings with both natural and cultured pearls in the last year but nothing with an abalone pearl as of yet.

If you have any specific requests regarding size, shape, colouration, please feel free to let me know and I'll be happy to look through the inventory to see what we have.

No comments: