This is a list of questions that have come from real customers, and our responses. Over time we hope all pearl related questions will be answered here.
Return to Home Page of this blog.

Thursday, July 10, 2008

Baroque Freshwater Pearls

baroque freshwater pearls Q: I wrote some months ago about opera length freshadama necklaces; in the end, I wound up ordering your current special, the City strand, and I love it dearly! (I posted pictures on Pearl-Guide.com, along with other pleased customers, and have gotten private messages from prospective buyers...seems like it's been popular!). I'm so pleased with the necklace, and with the 9-10 mm AAA earrings I ordered to match. Now I've got another question for you-- I was wondering if you sell the white baroque freshwater strands on your web page unfinished/un-knotted and sans clasp-- and if so, how much per strand? Also, the 8.5-12.5 mm measurement given online is taken perpendicular to the drill holes, correct? So the length of the pearls (parallel to the drill holes) is often a bit more than 8.5-12.5 mm?

A: I’m so glad you are enjoying your City Strand! You’re right about it being popular. We have had so many requests that we decided to keep it going through July.

We do have those baroque freshwater strands in loose hank form. The wide range of sizes is partly due to the fact that many of the pearls are flatter one direction than another so the same pearl will measure much differently depending on which way you hold it to measure. And yes, the pearls are measured perpendicular to the drill hole so the pearls that are more drop shape can be a bit longer than the diameter, but we do not take this size into consideration when grading and sizing the necklace.

I’ll take a look at the prices for these as loose hanks and get you that information. In the meantime, if you can tell me any preferences you have about overtone, shape, etc. I can take a look through the inventory and see what we have. Also, if you would like more than one standard length (16” unstrung) and need them to coordinate, let me know that too so I can keep that in mind.

No comments: