This is a list of questions that have come from real customers, and our responses. Over time we hope all pearl related questions will be answered here.
Return to Home Page of this blog.

Thursday, May 21, 2009

Pearls for my Wedding

Princess Length Pearl NecklacesQ: I am actually looking for a necklace to be worn on a strapless dress on my wedding day. I am considering freshadamas. I want something elegant, which has an impact, but does not look too heavy on me. I am 24 years old. Could you please advise me about size of pearls, colour and length of necklace?I would prefer something slightly longer than a choker.

A: I think that this link would be a very good one for you to check out, as it shows different lengths with a strapless:

Pearl Necklace Lengths

If you are going for a look that is elegant and has an impact but is not too large, I would suggest considering the 8.5-9 mm freshadama strand. A smaller strand is a bit conservative, and the larger strand is more of a statement piece. As far as the length, either 16 or 18 would work well, unless you are thinking of going the more classic-elegant look, which would be a longer strand in the 30- to 40-inch range.

As for the color, I would certainly choose a white bodycolor and then either a rose or a silver overtone for the classic look.

No comments: