This is a list of questions that have come from real customers, and our responses. Over time we hope all pearl related questions will be answered here.
Return to Home Page of this blog.

Monday, August 4, 2008

Freshadama Pearl Set

Q: I'm actually planning to purchase a Freshadama Pearl set (necklace, bracelet, studs) or a Freshadama necklace and dangling Freshadama pearl earrings. I would also consider purchasing a set and dangle earrings if it weren't too cost prohibitive.

My problem is I don't know what the best size pearl for me would be for both the necklace and for the earring - I'm in my late 30's and would like to be able to wear these to work as well as wear them out. What would you suggest? Also in terms of length of necklace - 16" is the usual, correct? I have been promising myself that I would buy myself this special jewelry for quite some time and well, I have something coming up, so I thought it would be a good time. I look forward to hearing form you soon.

A: The size of the pearls you choose has some to do with age range and your stature, but also your own personal style. On an average size person, the 16" strand will sit just below the hollow of your throat. The 18" strand hangs around the second button down from the collar on a dress shirt or button-down.

As for the size of the pearl, the most popular size range is the 7.0-8.0 mm, this is the classic size you see in the movies and photos of Audrey Hepburn and Grace Kelly. They are not so small that they look like your college graduation pearls but not so big that they wear you. And this size can be easily dressed up for a night out or with a suit if you wear more professional attire for work. They can also be worn very nicely with a white shirt and a pair of jeans.

The pearl overtone is also a consideration. The silver overtone is a bright, optic white and not a gray or actual silver color, the ivory overtone is a slightly creamy color like parchment paper or heavy whipping cream, rose overtone is the most universally flattering with a very slight blush of pink that warms up the white color.

If you are considering a set, it's easier for us to match the overtone, luster, overall size, etc. when we make them all at the same time. It's certainly an option to order the items one at a time if you prefer but we won't be able to guarantee an exact overtone match.

I hope that has been enough to help you start thinking about your final choice but please feel free to let me know if you need any additional information.

No comments: